Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Christmas Morning

Christmas morning was great at our house. The kids (except MaryJane who came to our bed in the middle of the night) let us sleep until almost 8am. Bethany tells me that she was up at 6:07 and woke Bryn up at 6:20 but let us sleep until 7:30. We openned presents here for a while then headed across the path to my Mom and Dad's. Things were in full swing there with Emily's family and Shella there. I said hi to everyone and looked around at the bounty then headed to the kitchen for a plate of baked eggs, a Segler family tradition, delicious as usual. The turkey sandwiches with my mom's rolls were sooo good for lunch. My mom goes to a lot of work to keep us all fed and happy and keep all of the fun traditions going. Emily made a lot of great things too, she is a very good chef, amazing really. She started making rolls and my mom told her where the measuring cups were and she said that she doesn't like to measure anything. Really, well if I tried that it would be a terrible mess.
Grammy gave all the girls a little Cabbage Patch doll that they all loved and played with all day. They overloaded us, my favorite thing was a new laptop that Lyf named Red Rover. I have wanted a laptop for a long time. It is red and so cute! We got stuff for the wii, a dvd system for the burb and a wheat grinder that I really want to start using.
Lyf and I finished our Theater room for our Christmas. It is so cool. It is almost better than the theater because we put the kids to bed and then head down, no baby sitter. Also the chairs are great and I curl up with a blanket and pause when I need more popcorn, yummy homemade popcorn. (Oh yeah, thanks Kelly for the 50 lb bag.) And I can work on my projects while we watch, it is hard for me to sit through a movie without doing something, usually making inductors.
It was so fun to have all of my family together, Emily here from Cheyene and Nathan here from LV. My mom's Segler family all comes to my mom's on Christmas night. We made turkey noodle soup and played games. It was a great Christmas!



Kate with her doll and Pronsie with her new dress.
Bryn wanted a fishing pole and she got it. Now we just have to wait for some warm weather.

Bethany kept going back and forth between Build-a-Bear and Kirsten the American Girls. She wrote about 4 letters to Santa changing her mind. When Santa placed the orders it was for Build-a-Bear.



MaryJane and Lindy got scooters that they have been riding all over the house since Christmas.




1 comment:

I'm Stitching as fast as I can said...

You are quite the little blogger.
Love the pictures,by Sammi,you can almost see the teeth chattering, what a cold day for outside pics, but they sure are cute.
Love the rolls, the Noodle soup, Yummy!!!!!
And the company, that was the best!!