Thursday, March 12, 2009

Pillowcase Dresses

I love old linens, but you can only use so many on the bed. So I used an old sheet and pillowcase
to make these sun dresses. They were so easy and I think they are really cute summer dresses. I made MaryJane's first and her arm holes are too big. The yellow ones are made out of a sheet and the pink one is a pillow case.
If you are using a pillow case just cut two arm holes (only about 2"x3") out of the corners. Then unpick the seam for the neck (you can just cut off the seam, but if you unpick it then the material is already turned and pressed and the casing is easy to finish). I turned the material over about 1/4"and then over again about 1/4" and stitched to finish the arm holes. Then made an about 1" wide casing for the ribbon. Thread the ribbon and you are done.











3 comments:

Cheryl said...

Sew cute!

Larsen's in Wyoming said...

Darling, cute, adorable, oh my gosh!!

Kristina said...

Cute smart idea...and I love fun pillowcases!