Thursday, March 12, 2009

Easter Apron Dresses

I found this pattern on Sandi Henderson's blog. She is a fabric designer and does some really fun stuff. I have these two done, just three more to do. I have one other dress done, it is for Bryn who is 7 and I worried that the apron was to little girl looking but the dress is really plain without it so I am going to make one. I found some cute vintage embroidered napkins at the Bee Boutique last week, they match Bryn's dress perfectly so I think that I will use one of them for the apron. The dresses are pretty simple. I got the fabric at Main Street Quilt Cottage in Hurricane, they have FUN fabric! I better get sewing!










12 comments:

Shella said...

Darling everything, Ang. :) Love the dresses and the girls!!

I'm Stitching as fast as I can said...

The dresses are very cute, but the girls are ADORABLE!!!

Larsen's in Wyoming said...

You need to start a fashion magazine and sell your darling dresses. Your girls all make darling models. VERY CUTE!! You've been sooo busy. Every time your girls wear the dresses you can feel a sense of accomplishment. Nice job, your Mother and Grandmother's taught you well.

Brenda said...

Ang,
I wish I lived closer so that you could teach me how to sew! :P Your girls are darling! You just do it!

Brit and Jer said...

My word you are amazing!! Hey I just found this website I thought you would like...
http://www.bayouvintage.com/pillow-case-dresses.html

rayndrop said...

i'm loving all your dresses! the pillow case ones too!

where exactly is the Bee boutique?

The Johnson's said...

I LOVE all your ideas. I need to learn how to sew. Is it hard? Love your blog. Angela Hinton

keri said...

Darling dresses. I wish I could sew especially now that I have a little girl.

Amanda Borden said...

love the dresses and the i heart you, and happy bday banners. I just love your style all the way around angie. i really wanted to be at that last enrichment and learn more but i couldn't make it. i had a couple friends tell me what they learned.

Ms. Fish said...

Adorable! Sorta makes me want to have a little girl to sew for. Sorta.

PS: Tell you mother i enjoyed her lesson Sunday and that her flowers were GORGEOUS!!!

rayndrop said...

i'm missing your fun ideas.

rayndrop said...

i used simplicity pattern 5042 for the bonnets. they really aren't that hard to do. i'm sure they'd be so easy for you. it's just finding the time.