Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

Today in church the bishop ask all the primary children and their teachers to come up and sing for Mother's Day. So our whole bench unloaded, Lyf plays the piano. At first I thought, "Well, this isn't right, the fun is to be in the audience watching your kids." Then I looked down and saw my mom, I am lucky enough to be in her ward, and I thought I was pretty lucky to be singing to her. It never ends, this mother thing does it mom? I live next door to my mom and she not only still takes care of me but now takes care of my five girls. I am so blessed to have the best mom ever. She taught and still teaches me how to be a good person, work hard, be kind, be generous and understanding, and how to have fun! I hope that my kids will be as grateful and appreciative of me as I am of her. I love you Mom, Happy Mother's Day!


My mom and Baby Kate

My sweet girls, that make me a Mom, the best thing ever!


9 comments:

Brenda said...

So Cute and Kate seems so happy! Happy Mother's Day, Ang!

Meridy said...

I've been catching up on your blog! You've been making some CUTE stuff!

And I totally need to update your blog background!

Happy Mother's day!

Kelly said...

Kate is especially glad that you are her Mom! :)

Kristina said...

That's a great story...
Cute girls!!

Angie said...

Meridy, you sent me a blog background and I have been so out of it that I didn't even do anything with it.

Cheryl said...

Yesterday as the primary children were singing I was thinking that it's always one of the best things about Mother's Day. It makes me smile and think how precious children are and how much they all love their mothers, no matter who their mothers are. I love that part of Mothers Day and I even love the part when the kids want to hold the Mothers Day flower and accidentally break it off at the top of the stem.
As I was watching your whole family sing I was thinking of how things are eternal. I sang to my mother, then you sang to me and now your children are singing to you.
I love being a Grammy and watching my kids take care of their kids-it makes up for the growing older part.
You are a wonderful mother!

Meridy said...

Ah! I did. Good---I'm glad I didn't neglect you. :)

rayndrop said...

you are lucky to have your mom in your ward. and how fun for you to be able to sing to her. (that's cool that lyf plays the piano. those piano players can be hard to come by.)

i love living near my mom as well. not as close as you, but i'll take it!

and you have beautiful daughters!

MaMa eNCHaNTeD said...

Absolutely daaahhling!!! You are amazing, and inspiring, nice work...