
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
Christmas Tree Outing
For the last few years we have cut down our own tree, the girls really love it and so does Lyf. I think that it is fun, but it is cold and wet and messy. This year Lyf took us to Jacob's Lake for a Spruce. The girls got really excited when they saw snow. Lyf told them that we would find some snow so they had their gloves and scarfs and they were excited. We don't get much snow so we are not equipped for it. Their feet and hands were freezing within minutes. Lyf hiked around and found a big tree for us and drug it back. I found the perfect one for my mom only 5 feet off of the little dirt road we were on. I don't need to venture around in the snow. Lyf packed a cute little picnic of pb & j, oranges, string cheese, and hot chocolate! He set up his stove and kettle and heated the water and we sipped hot chocolate. It was a good time, good memories, and now we have a big beautiful 12 foot tree.


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)














3 comments:
I love family time in the mountains. Your tree is beautiful! Lyf was a great sport to pack everything.
The tree looks AWESOME!!!!
I can't wait to see it!
Flippin' Sweet!! Your tree, tradition and family time... no better combination out there. It sure was fun getting together on Christmas Eve... thank you for your wonderful gifts and the thoughtfulness of each one. We used "SANTA WAS HERE" on Christmas morning with Kelly's blocks and I am wearing the camo Utah hat right now. Loved it all... (Rinar)
Post a Comment