Sunday, June 28, 2009

The Good, the Bad, and the Smelly

So we are carrying on with the Yard Projects. We bought a bunch of flowers to plant in the planters around the porch on Friday. I started pulling weeds and could smell something but just thought that it was water in the sprinkler box. Saturday morning Lyf started raking and getting the dirt ready. He looked in the sprinkler box and saw this goopy stuff. He started digging and it started smelling and before we knew it our yard was torn up looking for a broken sewer pipe. In the mean time I started planting rosemary and other fragrant things like society garlic. I thought that it was so cute at the nursery but couldn't really smell it. A lady in line told me that you don't want to plant it close to the front entry because it doesn't smell very good. I liked how it looked and didn't worry about the smell. Well, at home in our yard it kind of stinks. But not as bad as sewer! I kept on planting and Lyf and his buddies kept on digging. It took all day but we got the problem fixed and mostly put back together. The flowers look great and hopefully we won't have anymore sewer problems! I better get some roses or some other fragrant thing planted by the front door. Any suggestions?
The smelly



The Bad.

The Good





8 comments:

keri said...

So glad your back. I missed your posts. Looks like you have been busy. Your yard looks so nice

Ms. Fish said...

Looking beautiful Angie!

Larsen's in Wyoming said...

Looks great now, but what a mess! You're right about going crazy catching up, wow! It was so fun reading all of your posts and seeing the photos. I bet it feels good to be caught up, but I wouldn't know.

Shella said...

Holy dang, sista! Way to be with the mondo number of posts.

Project Maniac said...

I always love to look at your house when I drive by. It looks so nice and fun. Good luck with the flower picking.

Larsen's in Wyoming said...

Lilacs are very pretty and fragrant.

rayndrop said...

it was fun to play catch up. i commented on a few posts down they way.

your planters look lovely. something i've planted that smells delicious is chamomile. love it. also i really love lavender. the purple flowers attract bees like crazy, it smells great, and gets big and pretty. another one i planted last year that i like is lamb's ear. it doesn't really smell, but the leaves add a different texture.

hope that wasn't overkill. (and i think the hydrangea is going to die.)

Kristina said...

Wow good job on getting caught up...and lettin' us finally know what u have been up to..:) It was fun to read all your posts!! Looks like you have been havin' fun and you've been busy!