Sunday, June 28, 2009

Freedom Trial Boston

This is Ryan and Darin at Boston Commons, the first public park in the US.

We walked the Freedom Trail to see the sights in Boston. We started at Boston Commons.



This is a very old Graveyard in the middle of Boston, some historical people are buried here but I can't remember who.


This is Samuel Adams grave marker.






This is an old church across from the Commons. I think that it is neat that the city has built up all around these old buildings but they are still there. I think that this is the church that said that Samuel Adams was baptised in. Darin reminded us that he was re-baptized in St. George.

This is the State Building. Some meeting were held here to plan the Revolution.


This is Paul Revere's house.
The buildings are so awesome!

This is the famous Paul Revere in the Old North Church Square, you can see the church in the background.

This is the Old North Church, you know one if by land, two if by sea.

This is the Old North Church from the front.

This is the USS Constitution. It is in the Naval Port.

This is the Monument on Bunker Hill.

This is the Green Dragon Tavern, it is were the first meetings were held to start the Revolution.


This is me with a Patriot by the Green Dragon Tavern. In the side walk and across the street you can see the Freedom Trial, it is marked with red bricks or paint.


2 comments:

Brenda said...

Oh, the history! I want to go so bad!

Kelly said...

Sam Adams is pretty darn famous. James Otis is also buried there. He is considered the father of the revolution. I know you were dying to know that. Just thought I would share.