Sunday, June 28, 2009

Use It Up Wear It Out, Make It Do Or Do Without

Our theme for Enrichment was Use It Up Wear It Out, Make It Do Or Do Without. My mom talked about re-using things like apple juice bottles or storing rice and popcorn. She uses Ragu bottles for storing beans etc. She cuts off the top of salt boxes and puts them under the ring on a canning bottle to use to pour things. She cuts up cracker and cereal boxes to make drawer dividers and magazine, book, or paper holders. The list goes on and on.
Becky Wheeler brought some cute old clothes that she had made using hand-me-downs. They were darling and nobody would have guessed that they were re-made.
We had bread made out of old bottled fruit, it was delish!
Andrea and I put together a slide show to show some things that we have made do.
Shella and Zach re-did this table.
Chani and I re-did the two round clocks.
Andrea put old quilt blocks in this window for a cute wall hanging. Love it.


Andrea also used old fencing to make shutters in her laundry room.

Andrea painted this dresser

and this cabinet,


and re-cushioned this chair,
and this chair.


I found this old window and put vinyl lettering on it.


I painted this table.
This is a pile of old clothes that I thought would make a cute quilt. I haven't gotten very far with it, someday.

I bought this old furniture set at a yard sale and painted it for the porch. My mom found the cushions at another yard sale.

All of this stuff, except the shelf that my husband made, are from scavenging.

I like to decorate with things that have some uses, like storage in these suitcases.

I painted this dresser and then used wallpaper on the drawers.

I painted this doll house (yard sale) and shelf (DI) and then used wall paper again.


5 comments:

I'm Stitching as fast as I can said...

You are so talented. Maybe I can be like you someday!!

Brenda said...

I would have loved to have been there! I am coming down this Friday, I will call you and see if you are around!

Shella said...

The window with the vinyl lettering is one of my favorite things! It's so pretty, and I love the saying!

rayndrop said...

i remember when your mom posted about this enrichment night. you have such amazing skills!! i love all the projects. eye candy. it gets my imagination going.

MaMa eNCHaNTeD said...

Rayndrop told me you posted this, lol, thank you for the post.