Sunday, June 28, 2009

Maine

After our convention in Boston we picked up Leslie at the airport and headed to York, Maine were Darin and Leslie lived for a couple of years.
This is Ryan just outside of our Hotel, the Stage Neck Inn.

This is the view just outside of our Hotel. It was a beautiful place. We had the best breakfast there. Ryan is still talking about the deep fried french toast.
This is the Nubble Light House. It is so picturesque.



Leslie was driving me through some neat neighborhoods and we saw this bike. The sign on it says, "Free Bike The Perfect Beach Cruiser". I had just been to some yard sales with free sewing tables and a cute blue rocking chair for a dollar. I told Leslie that this place was killing me. I had been looking for a cute bike for Bryn and this was it but, it was in York, Maine. It was like torture! Luckily for me Darin's friend that we were visiting works at a bike company and he said that he would ship it. So I hurried back and the bike was still there. Ryan helped me put it in the trunk and we took it back to Darin's friend's house. I love it! I have scoured it with steel wool to get the rust off, it looks pretty good and it is the perfect size for Bryn.


This is Leslie outside of her Bed and Breakfast.
This is Darin and Leslie, behind them is the Naval Shipyard in Portsmouth where Darin worked.

The beaches were beautiful but the water was so cold. I can't imagine living there in the winter.
Darin said that even in the summer the water was ice cold.






This is Darin and Leslie with there B&B up on the hill. It could have been a pretty romantic getaway if Ryan and I weren't tagging along.


This is Wiggly Bridge.
On the way to the airport we were in a hurry of course, but hungry. So we stopped at Dunkin' Donuts because Darin had been talking about it the whole trip. We got egg sandwiches and a dozen donuts. We had to get a dozen because they were so much cheaper that way, and I think that Ryan wanted more than just one anyway.

No comments: