Thursday, January 8, 2009

I Just Did it Again

Do you see the Rubik cube? It isn't right out of the package. Lyf messed it up and I solved it. I hope a few of you are amazed. This is how it started, we got a Christmas letter from Lyf's Uncle that is very mathematical, he teaches at a college in Missouri. His family is going great yada yada then there is this blurb about the family taking a challenge to solve the Rubik cube and that they have all done it and even the 12 year old boys have memorized the algorithms and can solve it in less then 2 minutes. Okay, this part got my attention. I thought, I can memorize algorithms if that is what it takes. I am scientifically minded I am mathematical, if it is logically solved then why can't I do it? So I looked it up and found the algorithms and it worked, I did it. I haven't done it since because it takes me much longer than 2 minutes and I haven't memorized the sequences but I am working on it. Every time I set it down a child picks it up and says, "I will help you Mom." "Thanks," I say. And I kind of mean it because when they mess it up I have to do the same steps again which should help me learn it. I am going to keep working on it so that I can solve one without thinking too much, it might take all year but why not. For now I can say that I solved a Rubik cube.



8 comments:

Brenda said...

Ang-
You continue to amaze me. . . first you run a 5K, and now the Rubiks' Cube! Wow!

Justin told Kesh that he would pay for her college if she could solve the Rubiks' Cube, so maybe she might have to take some tips from you! I really truly am amazed at you!

Shella said...

I am also very impressed, Ang. Good job!

Larsen's in Wyoming said...

It's no wonder I suck at solving the rubik's cube, I didn't know math was involved! You're a brain!

Cheryl said...

Oh, my heck!
I also think Emily's comment is hilarious!

Cheryl said...

Wait a minute--if you solved it why is Lyf holding it for the photo?

Angie said...

Really you don't need to know anything about math to solve it. You just need to follow instructions that come with the Rubik cube. Someone else, the guy that invented it Rubik worked out all the math for you.

Angie said...

Lyf was going to mess it up so that I could try it again and I told him to wait because I wanted to take a picture of it first, and being the guy that he is he posed with it. Emily is quite hilarious.

Kelly said...

I agree with Cheryl. There needs to be a picture of YOU holding the cube.