Saturday, October 4, 2008

Pre-school

This week it was my turn to have the kids here for pre-school. My fears were confirmed. It was not very fun. Only six kids you say, well still, it was a mess. I guess I just expected too much. I pictured them all sitting in his/her seat doing the fun activities, all getting done at the same time, all doing just what I told them. Some were done fast and ran off to play, is it okay to let them go play? The first day was the letter D and on the schedule was a dinosaur dig. It was a fun idea, the kids liked it for a minute. I buried pieces of 3-D dinosaur puzzles and the kids dug them up with wooden spoons. Then we (I) put them together while they helped for a minute then the play house was too tempting to resist. It was also red day so we made apples and ladybugs.




The second day was the color orange so of course the theme was PUMPKINS. While we were on Cedar Mountain last weekend I gathered orange aspen leaves and pressed them in a phone book. We glued them on the orange page of their workbook and drew jack-o-lantern faces on them. One boy didn't want to write his name with the orange crayon because his favorite color is blue, not even for orange day I asked? Then we read "Pumpkin Town" and cut out faces for their own jacks. The second day was easier probably because I knew what to expect and stopped them before they started running away to play. MaryJane is very young for this group and I worry about her in other people's houses, wondering if she follows any kind of instruction. I guess I need to give her some time.




2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Wow, I was so out of it (Lund for 3 days-then catch up at work for the other 2) this week that I missed your preschool activities. Sounds like you did a fine job with your week. You got pictures so the kids will have good memories of it. I bet it was fun--fun for the kids!
Orange you glad your turn was last week?
XOXOX

Larsen's in Wyoming said...

Mom, that was a wonderfully funny punn!! I can't even top it so I won't try. I'm glad you survived your week, now you can relax for a few! You have been so busy lately, you make me feel pretty unproductive. How do you keep up?