Thursday, July 30, 2009

Apron Enrichment Night

So, we had an apron themed Enrichment. Everyone wore an apron and we had everyone stand and tell about them. Some where old, some were funny, most were homemade. We tied 3 quilts for the people in our ward that are getting married, suddenly we have a lot. We made quick breads and homemade ice cream for the treat.
The ice cream recipe is:
1 2-liter of pop, your favorite flavor
1 14 oz can of sweetened condensed milk
1 12oz can of evaporated milk
Put it in an ice cream mixer with all the ice and salt and mix until the machine stops.
It is pretty good, we did root beer and orange, it was like root beer floats and orange dreamsicles. Most of the aprons on display are mine and my moms. My mom has a thing for apron, she probably has 50!



I made this apron especially for this night. I have wanted to make some for a while and so I was glad to have an excuse.

I also made this big pocket apron.


I made the one with red trim.



And the one that looks like a clothes pin holder. I had fun sewing for 2 days and I didn't feel guilty because I was doing it for Enrichment. I wore this one to the grocery store and it was so great to put my keys in one pocket, my wallet and phone in the other and then not have to worry about my purse.


This is one of my loaves of quick bread. I am really good at banana bread but that kind was already taken so I had to venture out. I called Emily and she gave me some recipes. This one is Nutty Peach Bread and it is really good but I sure was worried when I started to cut it at about 4:30 in the afternoon and it was a crumbly mess! I didn't have time to make anymore! It turned out fine when I got it on a plate. Baking is not my strong suit, but aren't those aprons cute. :)

12 comments:

Amanda Borden said...

that was a very enjoyable evening. thanks for all your hard work. You are busy in primary and relief society. good job!

Kelly said...

Hey, where's my apron?

keri said...

I love your aprons. That is my next sewing project. (after I finsih 2 more skirts) Do you have patterns or do you just make them up?

Larsen's in Wyoming said...

I knew you'd pull off a wonderful evening. I'm so glad that someone got Mom's sewing skills, because I sure didn't. GREAT Job! You look so cute in the apron, you could be on a magazine cover.

Angie said...

Kelly, your apron is 4th from the left hanging on the curtain. It looked great on display!
Keri, my mom has a book called "A is for Apron" and it has 25 patterns in it. It is very cute, the only bad thing is that you have to get the patterns enlarged to use them. You are welcome to borrow it.

keri said...

Angie, we do play settlers of catan, the board game and I am hooked on playing it online. SO much fun

I'm Stitching as fast as I can said...

I have never seen anyone make an apron look so darn cute!!!!

Brit and Jer said...

Very cute!! I need to get some patterns! I love the one you made and the big pocket one! Love them...

rayndrop said...

the aprons ARE cute! and you sure look cute wearing one too.

Shella said...

Way too cute you are, my dear.

Shella said...

Also, speaking of being busy, you were busy helping Zach that day. Thanks so much!!! I appreciate it. :)

Ms. Fish said...

Sounds fun. Sad I missed it! I even had a darling apron to show off.