I saw a sign that said Gala Apples ao we went looking because I am tired of mushy ones from the store. We followed the sign and we also found this pumpkin patch. It was so fun! A man named Bruce Church grows all these fun things. He has an apple orchard in La Verkin where he grows galas and fujis and some other varieties. They are very good, not mushy at all. I bought a box for 75 cents a pound, much better than the $2.49/lb in the grocery store. He grows pumpkins and watermelons and Israeli melons and squash. We picked out a pile of pumpkins to take home. It was fun. We filled an old wheelbarrow full of them and put it in the front yard, and put some of them on the porch and some in the house. We are growing a vine of our own, but it only has one pumpkin on it.
Friday, September 19, 2008
Pumpkin Patch
It has been a while I know. I have been busy, first with the first Enrichment Night since I was called to be Enrichment Leader and then with an indexing challenge and a family reunion and a trip to Cheyenne WY to visit Emily. But here is a fun thing that happened in between it all.

I saw a sign that said Gala Apples ao we went looking because I am tired of mushy ones from the store. We followed the sign and we also found this pumpkin patch. It was so fun! A man named Bruce Church grows all these fun things. He has an apple orchard in La Verkin where he grows galas and fujis and some other varieties. They are very good, not mushy at all. I bought a box for 75 cents a pound, much better than the $2.49/lb in the grocery store. He grows pumpkins and watermelons and Israeli melons and squash. We picked out a pile of pumpkins to take home. It was fun. We filled an old wheelbarrow full of them and put it in the front yard, and put some of them on the porch and some in the house. We are growing a vine of our own, but it only has one pumpkin on it.
I saw a sign that said Gala Apples ao we went looking because I am tired of mushy ones from the store. We followed the sign and we also found this pumpkin patch. It was so fun! A man named Bruce Church grows all these fun things. He has an apple orchard in La Verkin where he grows galas and fujis and some other varieties. They are very good, not mushy at all. I bought a box for 75 cents a pound, much better than the $2.49/lb in the grocery store. He grows pumpkins and watermelons and Israeli melons and squash. We picked out a pile of pumpkins to take home. It was fun. We filled an old wheelbarrow full of them and put it in the front yard, and put some of them on the porch and some in the house. We are growing a vine of our own, but it only has one pumpkin on it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Fun! This is what really makes me miss the small town life.
Man, check out MaryJane's teeth! What a good smile.
Post a Comment