Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Yes Day


My kids, especially Lindy, ask if we can do things, sometimes crazy things all day long.
I usually say no of course. But the other day I decided to have a yes day and say yes to the reasonable things my kids ask to do. Lindy wanted to make cookies and Beth wanted to make a pie.
I told Beth, lets just buy a pie, they are hard to make and not as good as Marie Calendar. (I guess I wasn't really committed to yes day.) She wanted to make it herself, fine. So she made the crust mostly by herself. It tasted pretty good and looked beautiful. She found out that it was a lot of work so she crossed that off of her to-do list and maybe we won't have to do it again for a while. Next time I am going to suggest apple crisp, in my opinion it is easier and better.
So while we were baking Lindy and I made pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. They were really good and easy. The easiest recipe, 2 boxes of cake mix (spice or carrot cake cake), a 28oz. can of pumpkin and some chocolate chips.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Bethany's pie was tasty and pretty. The cookies are yummy too! Yes---Lucky kids to have such a nice Mom!