Wednesday, August 18, 2010

School is in Session

Up until the week school started I was sad thinking that Summer was over and the fun, lazy days were gone. Usually I am READY for school to start, ready for a schedule, some structure, some time to catch up on all the things that have been let go all Summer. So I thought that it was weird that I wasn't ready for school to start. Well, all of the sudden the fighting got crazy, the house was really out of control and the Monday before school started I was READY for school to start. I was really relieved that I wouldn't have to be one of those moms that cries when their kids go back to school.

Beth started at the Intermediate school this year, she is nervous and excited, and so am I. The first day was rough, a dropped lunch tray and a bike wreck, flat tire. Sad. I rode down the street to meet her so we had to walk our bikes home, we were both in tears by the time we got home. I told her that the next day would only get better, she wasn't so sure. But, it was and now she is doing great. She is growing up so fast, she wears my shoes which is both good and bad. It is fun to see her mature, she has such a fun personality and always says funny things. I may be very optimistic and delusional, but I think having teenagers is going to be fun.
Lindy is in 1st Grade, she is SOOO excited for school and has been ready for weeks. She gets up early, she made her own lunch the first day. She is a great student and wants things just so. She is a very picky eater so bringing a lunch (usually bread and butter) from home is going to be pretty standard. She is such a peacemaker and looks for ways to make us happy.
Bryn is ready for school too. She doesn't think that she is, but she is. She likes to be with her friends and she has fun at school. She is a go-getter and likes to learn especially about animals and insects and plants, she is a natural science kind of girl. She is in 4th grade and is growing up fast. She will pass me in height soon, she can wear my shoes too. She is learning piano and is very good at it. She makes me want to learn and be better.

I love my kids.
And I love that they are in school. :)

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

I love 1st day of school pictures!
It's a new beginning after a fun summer.