Wednesday, August 18, 2010
MayrJane's New Skirt
The other day I wanted to sew, so I asked MaryJane if she wanted a new dress or skirt for school. She said yes but she just wanted to go to the store and buy it, she didn't want to make it. Oh man, dagger thru the heart, she would rather have a store bought dress. :( Well I made her a skirt anyway. I used the legs from some of my jeans I had cut off for shorts to make the skirt. I unpicked one side seam on each of the legs and then sewed the legs together to make one big tube. Then I machine appliqued some fabric flowers on it. I just used some scraps I had for the flowers and ricrac for the stems. It was so easy because I used the original hem on the jeans and just had to make a casing for some elastic around the waist. And this is why my sewing/laundry room is piled high, I can't throw away anything because I might be able to use it for something.


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
That is a darling skirt! Cute model, too.
So cute...you are so talented...I missed out on that sewing gene somehow...
Post a Comment