Sunday, November 1, 2009

Denver Broncos vs. Dallas Cowboys

For Lyf's 40th birthday (I know, sad but true) we went to a Bronco's Game. It was so cool! We dressed in our Elway jerseys, I had about 5 layers under that, and headed for Denver. Our kids stayed with Emily and Nick, thanks that was so nice!





This is Invesco Field at Mile High.




It was so fun to be in the stadium and see all the things in real life that we watch on TV. I always wondered why people didn't just stay home and watch games on their warm couches, especially when some of the seats were so far from the field, couldn't they see the game better on TV? But after being there and seeing the game live and cheering I can see why people love to go. Our seats were about 1/3 of the way up and they were great. I think that even the top seats would be good. I was looking for John Elway the whole time but I didn't see him. I used Lyf's binoculars and scanned the boxk seats and still didn't see him. Maybe he was on the same side as
us. I had the Bronco painted on my
face by some guy in the parking lot.


We got there early and walked around. We went way down to the front row and down to the tunnel where the players come out onto the field. We saw Jerry Jones (Cowboy's owner) and Pat Bowlen (Bronco's owner) come out and talk for a minute. Pat Bowlen was so close that we could see the stripes on his suit, it looked very expensive.








This is Kyle Orton #8, the QB coming out of the tunnel and we were right there.















It was so fun, the weather was perfect, sunny and almost warm. The fans were crazy, they love their Broncos. There were a lot of Cowboy fans too. It was funny we saw a lot of couples that one was a Bronco fan and the other a Cowboy fan. Lyf kept saying that it is crazy, the players are just normal people when you see them in person, on TV they are almost larger than life and superstars. It was cool to see them and the coaches and see that they are just normal, well almost normal people.



3 comments:

Cheryl said...

What good memories that has made for you. I'm glad you got to go.
Now, if you go to your page set up and take off the word verification, your post will even be better.

Raelyn Austin said...

So fun, its nice to get out and do something fun with out the kids, even though they are great... ;o)

Larsen's in Wyoming said...

Angie,
I'm so very sorry that your Bronco's lost and aren't undefeated anymore! They're still good though. Glad you got to go, Lyf will always remember his 40th birthday. It's nicer than what we did on Dad's 4oth(remember Dinosaurland?). Love u