Sunday, May 4, 2008

Yard Sale Treasures


On Friday I didn't even look in the paper for yard sales because I knew with all the kids (Lindy MaryJane, Kate, Jack, and Lena) that i wouldn't be going anywhere. But, at 9:51 I remembered that Lindy had ballet, so we got her in her tutu and loaded everbody in the car. On the way to ballet I saw a yard sale sign so we dropped Lindy off then headed back to the yard sale. I got out and left the kids in the car, but soon went over and told Jack to come and see what was for sale. This guy had a huge box of Hot Wheels cars for 50 cents or 3 for $1. So I told Jack to pick three for him and three for Logan. He could hardly stand it, he was so excited! We ended up with 12 cars because I found a grater and a Tony Hawk van that I knew Logan would love and Jack couldn't decide on just three. But as you can see from the picture, the cars weren't the only treasure! I got a stack of corelle plates (14 large, 12 medium, and 8 small) for $3.50, this pattern is from the 80's my Grandma Segler had it, now it is retro cool. Also a bucket of wooded macrame beads, good for endless fun things, for 50 cents. We found sidewalk chalk for the girls for $1, and an old glass quart jar, some little branding irons, an R, W, and a line(I am not sure why either, the R got me, maybe some Reeve will want it), a bicycle helmet and some wooden cars that I remember having when I was little. Does anyone else remember these? We had a train and the towtruck and a track that they went on. When I showed them to Darin he reminded me that you can wind them up by turning the red knobs on the top. They are stamped "1972 Mattel", they were a quarter each. So I am glad that we got out of the house for a treasure hunt!

5 comments:

Shella said...

Bryn asked me at least 3 times if I remembered those wooden vehicle things. She didn't get why I didn't remember them if her mom and Uncle Darin did. I told her that I was a lot younger than they were. ;) We had remote-controlled cars and giga pets in my day. hahaha Did you take the paper out of the branding iron box? Beth read it to me. Sounds like they would be fun for a steak house. The beads are super cute. I want to go yard-saling again! My yard-saling partner won't be back for a while. Umm...this is a really long comment by now...bye!

Larsen's in Wyoming said...

Wow, what great finds! And yes Shella, we are a LOT older than you! I wish I had the patience for yard sales.

Cheryl said...

Wow. I think I should start going yard-saling too! I need to start dragging myself out of bed.

That was a way cute picture of Lindy in her tutu by the way! So fun.

Meridy said...

SORRY! The above was really posted by MERIDY not Cheryl. LOL. I was tweeking Cheryl's blog and I totally forgot to sign out.

Sorry Cheryl! I promise I will not abuse my privileges anymore!!!! :)

Kelly said...

That picture of Lindy is soooo adorable!!!