Sunday, May 18, 2008

Anybody Need a Haircut?









Lindy has been exploring potential careers.


I took the kids to meet Jack at preschool with a broken stroller. The stroller still works but you have to hold the handle up because the two clamps that keep the frame from folding up are broken. I knew Emily had just bought a new stroller so I called her while we were walking to ask about hers. When we got in the house I went straight to the computer to look online at the stroller she bought. Jack, Lindy and MaryJane all came in too.

Kate was hungry so I was started feeding her while I while looked. I usually make sure there is a good show on TV so the kids will be occupied while I feed the baby, but I didn't even think about it this time.
forward about 10 minutes
Jack, who is usually very good at letting me know what is going on, brought me a handful of blond hair. He didn't say anything, just held out the hair. I jumped up and went into the family room where there was a trail of hair leading behind the couch. MaryJane and Lindy were both behind it and I started crying when I saw MaryJane. I could not believe Lindy could do such a mean thing! ( I now understand that she wasn't trying to be mean and make MaryJane look terrible.) I was so mad, I was yelling and spanking and yelling! We have talked about who can cut hair, nobody but Grammy or mom! I could not believe Lindy had done this! MaryJane's hair is already short because it is thin and grows very slowly. Earlier that day I did look at her and thought that she needed her hair trimmed. I guess Lindy thought so too. I was so sad! MaryJane looks sad in the pictures but only because she felt bad for Lindy because I had gotten mad at her saying dumb things like, "You can never use scissors again".

We went to Grammy's house and she went right to work trying to fix the damage. Pretty soon MaryJane looked cuter than before and now we are all happy. I don't want Lindy to do this again and I would never dare cut MaryJane's hair this short on purpose, but I think that it is darling and a great hair cut for her fine hair. It is so cute and easy we may just keep it like this for a while.






7 comments:

Kelly said...

Now that is stinkin' hilarious! In the moment it is so not funny, but you will definitely get a good laugh out of it in the years to come.

Larsen's in Wyoming said...

Maybe Mom(Grammy)could have a potential career in cosmotology, but Lindy should probably find some other field! I just bust out laughing each time I look at the pictures of MaryJane right after the drama, she looks like she is shocked or stunned. She is so cute, and after Grammy fixed it, she looks so modern and hip. Thanks for putting some of the blame on me for your negligence! (Just kidding, it won't stop me from blabbing your ear off on the phone)This was a great,entertaining post!

Larsen's in Wyoming said...

The crazy babies had a too bubbly bath and they were in the tub with too many bubbles.

Shella said...

Emily, I'm wondering why you're talking about the twins on this comment board. Did Isaac write that?
I love the pictures of MJ as well. I really am sorry about all of the drama, but it did all turn out very nicely, I think.

Larsen's in Wyoming said...

I just looked at the comments and thought, WHAT THE Heck? I didn't write that last comment about the crazy babies! I know Nick didn't write it. Shella, no wonder you were confused. My best guess is that Isaac did it! That is hillarious!!
I don't know how he figured out how to post a comment, I've never shown him! He is too smart for his own good.

Cheryl said...

Hey Lindy, Grammy needs a haircut!

Julie and Eric said...

How funny! Luckily, only one of my kids have found the unfortunate combination of scissors and hair. It actually was Jaden a few months ago. He got gum stuck in his hair and didn't want to tell me. I noticed really short hair pieces a few days after he cut it. I was so glad he didn't cut himself. It was funny, I had to take a picture of it. I don't think he liked me taking the picture. Mary Jane can pull off a cute bob any day.