The other night while the kids were getting ready for bed Bethany came to me and asked if she could go see the dentist the next day. I asked her what was wrong. She said that she wanted him to give her laughing gas and pull her tooth. She had one tooth on the bottom that was loose for a long time and the permanent tooth was coming in behind it so we finally pulled it out and it hurt because part of the root hadn't dissolved yet and was still holding on. This tooth had been loose for a LONG time but Bethany had been babying it and trying not to lose it. (Bryn on the other hand has only half her teeth because she wiggles them until they come out then it takes forever to get the permanent ones in.) Anyway, the tooth was sooo loose, it was barely hanging on. I thought about waiting and taking her to see Dr. Hatch because all of my kids love to go to the dentist, but it was barely hanging onto the gum, it needed to come out so that she didn't swallow it during the night and Lyf was going to have to do it (it was a little gross). Bethany said that she tried to pull it and twist it but it hurt too much and she started freaking out. I promised her that I wouldn't pull it, I just wanted to see how loose it was. Then Lyf did the same thing. Finally I didn't tell her anything I just moved it around a little bit and then twisted it out. She didn't even know that it was gone. It bled just a little bit. Sometimes moms just have to jump in a do some gross stuff but, when it is for the kids we love it is not so bad.
When it was all over Bethany looked in the mirror and said, "There goes another one of my precious teeth." Such drama. Then she asked me about losing my teeth. I told her that I didn't remember losing them or how old I was. Then she said, "Well, I am going to remember losing my teeth as being a nightmare!" Wow, things are tough around here.
The tooth is still attached in this picture just pushed up.

6 comments:
You are SNEAKY!! ;) Good job! Bethany is so funny!
That squeeky rock post was cool!
You guys looked AWESOME on Halloween!!!!!
....I meant to say squeezy rock :)
My brain was tired when I made that smilebox. :) I'll have to go fix that date!
I would love to do your blog for Thanksgiving/Fall. I made some backgrounds that I will post to shabby chic blogs soon. If you like one of those I can make you a title off of that. I'll also send you a couple background pics too that I'm not going to post to the blog. Then you can decide what you like best.
Hey Angie, I found you through Tamara's, I'll hafta add you guys so I can keep up witcha. It has been so great to get to know you better, and work in enrichment. I have been in enrichment like 7 times and this is the funnest I've ever had. thanks for makin' it great.
Yuck. Good job doing the dirty work.
dID YOU HAVE
SOME Apples? FROM ISAAC
Post a Comment