Sunday, June 1, 2008

Water Features



The irrigation water from our yard and the field drains in the front corner of our yard so we made a {most of the time} dry river bed for it to flow through. It is fun when the water comes and we have a little river to play in. The girls loved playing in it, floating thing down it and throwing rocks into it. It was great weather so we stayed outside for a while.






Good old irrigation water, it brings our yards to life. This time it brought life to the yard. Mom called to tell us about the ducks they had on their "pond". We walked over and the front lawn looked like a pond, and there were 3 mallard ducks swimming on it. The girls took bread to feed them, but they were wild ducks and didn't come near us. Kate ate her bread instead of throwing it to the ducks.

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

What a fun post!

Shella said...

Man, the picture I took is great of the pond, but you sure can't see the ducks in it. I wish I would have had more time to check it all out, but I could only glance as I headed to work.

Meridy said...

How fun! Did the irrigation water flood your yard too?

Angie said...

The irrigation only floods our front orcard/pasture, and thenruns along the front, down the river bed. It is fun.