Darin lead us to the King and Queen Chairs. You climb through a tunnel of lava rocks to get to them. Dad thought the whole thing was pretty risky and couldn't believe the danger we had been in day after day in our youth. While he was out rescuing people from other precarious cliffs we were climbing around our own.
Next we went over to the "Boot", a cave that is in the shape of a boot. You get into it by climbing down a chimney shaped tunnel and then to get out you rock climb down a lava cliff. It is only about 10 feet down, so just enough to be fun and not scary.
It was very fun for me to go back to the hill and see the places that we played in again. We used to pack our backpacks and eat lunch and just hang out. Just part of my happy childhood.
Logan is thinking about taking up spelunking. Doesn't it look fun?
Darin and Shella on top of the hill, overlooking the old neighborhood.
Leslie the Mountain Climber.
Lyf is such a good sport, coming along for all of the fun things I want to do! (Handsome too isn't he?)
Ryan, can you see any tomatoes growing in your garden from there?
Bethany, Logan and Bryn sitting in the King and Queen chairs. The kids loved climbing the rocks.
I think that I fit better when I was 12. What a fun place to explore when we were young.
My dad and Lindy enjoying the moment.



3 comments:
Looks like all of u have been havin' fun!! These r some fun/cute pics.
I love your new entries!!You did such a good job with the journal entries and the photos.
Hello from Concordia, Kansas. Emily and Isaac and I are becoming service dog certified. Well, Isaac is supposed to, but Emily is mainly going through the drills. We are learning the commands and bonding with CROSLEY the Golden retriever.
What a fun FHE idea!! It looked like you had tons of fun. Looks like you will have to go back sometime. I vaguely remember the house you guys lived in in LaVerkin, and I definitely don't remember it being close to a hill. Shows how much I pay attention!
Post a Comment