Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Yummy Treat

We like to make these easy smoothies, Leslie taught me how. Just buy a bag of frozen fruit at Costco, we like the Festival Blend that has mangoes, papayas, strawberries and pineapple. They also have a berries assortment that I am sure would make great smoothies. So, in your blender put half of a small container of yogurt, about 3/4 cup apple juice and then fill it almost to the top with frozen fruit.
It is a so yummy even Lindy likes it. It is a great, healthy snack.
Usually while I have the mess out I make extra and put it in the freezer in cups with lids. Then, if Bryn doesn't get to it first, I take it out of the freezer, let it defrost for a while and eat it.

6 comments:

I'm Stitching as fast as I can said...

Yep they are delicious.
I had to have two at your house. Thanks!

Cheryl said...

Right now Dollar Tree has in their freezer section 12-16 oz packages of blueberries, peaches and strawberries.

Larsen's in Wyoming said...

We like smoothies too, it's a great way to trick the kids into eating their fruit.

Kristina said...

This is a Yummy treat...glad I got to try it! Thanks.. :-)

rayndrop said...

we are definitely going to have to try this! my kids love smoothies!

rayndrop said...

we tried the smoothies tonight for fhe. everyone loved them! thanks for the recipe!