Sunday, January 10, 2010

What is in Your Bed?

I went to do the nightly rounds and found Bryn sharing her bed with a pile of stuff. She usually has books on her bed but, tonight she had a box of rocks and a huge pile of books. I have to encourage her to read fiction because she loves to read books about rocks and crystals and gems and dinosaurs and inventions and insect and animals.
This girl likes rocks of every color and shape. She likes to show Grandpa her rocks because he likes rocks too. She hopes to find gold in a rock someday (don't we all). She told me that she is going to name her kids Topaz, Ruby, Crystal, Gema and Jasper. I can't wait!

9 comments:

Brenda said...

Sounds like a new engineer in the making?

Bethany said...

I think that Bryn doesn't like to clean up. I also think that she NEEDS to clean up after herself.

odjegba family said...

Thats cute! Reminds me of myself when I was little. Hey, I wanted to make sure you know about Teresa's baby shower this Saturday the 16th at my apartment in St. George off of valley view drive.It is at 1:00 and please remind anyone else you can think of. Thanks Shauna
ps. 561-543-9466 this is my number if you need directions!

Cheryl said...

Better to have rocks in your bed than in your head!

-Kyle and Emily- said...

I love it, your kids are to cute. Mary Jane told me on Sunday after Shella's talk that her horse story was really kinda sad:)

Kelly said...

I can't get my kids to read fiction either. That is so cute. I love her names for her kids. Great idea.

Kyle said...

Bryn is a crack up! Those are some pretty sweet names, I must say.

Meridy said...

I totally slept with books in my bed like that growing up. Good job Bryn!! ;)

Tiffani said...

I was helping in Mrs. Blad's class this week and she named her snowman she was making, Crystal, which I thought was very inventive (like an ice crystal). I didn't know she was naming it after a rock!! Too funny!