Monday, February 15, 2010

Chair Re-Re-Done


I was going to initiate my workshop with this chair project, but ended up painting it outside because it was sunny and warmer. This picture shows my part of the barn, except the antlers are not mine, don't know where they came from, well I guess I do, but what are they doing in here?

I went to Cami Stratton's hair salon a couple of months ago and she had some awesome chairs that she had painted and recovered. I just loved them. I told her that I was going to start looking for some to redo. Well, I happened to have three chairs at home that were perfect. I have had these chairs for a long time. In fact, I recovered them probably ten years ago. (If you think that fabric is bad you should see what is under it.)
My redo doesn't look anything like Cami's because I didn't have any fabric like hers and for this project I needed to use what I had, you know, use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without, and all that. So I looked through my fabric and found this great piece. I had paint to match left over from a magnet board project. If you just need a little paint or are unsure if you are going to like the color, you can buy the little samples for only a few dollars. I painted a large frame and this chair and still have a little bit left. I love this color, it is Ace brand Turquoise Bay.
I would look better glazed. I need to get some for next time.
All my girls like this chair, Bryn wants it in her room and she wants to keep it when she grows up. Lindy told me that when she grows up she is going to paint her table and chairs to match this. Yeah, five more houses to fill!
So now, do we do all the chairs to match this or try for the Cami chair?
I am sure I will find more chairs and do both!

9 comments:

Cheryl said...

That's one of my favorite colors.
I'll come over to see the chair in person.

I'm Stitching as fast as I can said...

Love the chair, I need to get some paint that very color.
Hope you MOM doesn't get lost on the trek to your house.

Meridy said...

DARLING!

Kristina said...

I love that color & the chair!!

Larsen's in Wyoming said...

great job, love it!

rayndrop said...

oooohhh... i like it a lot!

i love that you're using what you have. that's my new goal, i plan on posting more about it (and that's why i've been doing felt projects).

hopefully more re-do projects from you!

autumntime said...

cUTE cHAIR- AND SUCH A GREAT COLOR!

-Kyle and Emily- said...

I love it! So very crafty:)

Nate said...

Sure, it looks nice now, but did you really have to get rid of the miniature antlers? They made it look so menacingly medieval.