We had family Sunday dinner at our house. It was opening Sunday for football so we had a BBQ and watched the games. The football was fun, but, the food was delicious! Lyf is an awesome BBQ-er, the burgers were fantastic. We grilled veggies and had salad and melon and pumpkin cake and chocolate chip cookies. I was so stuffed! My plate was so pretty that I took a picture of it, and yes, I ate all of that food. Maybe we should start taking turns with Sunday dinner at everyone's houses?

Bryn dressed up for school on Homecoming day. She wanted red and black ribbons in her hair.

She also wanted me to add a 4 to the back of her shirt so that she would be the same number as cousin Robert. I thought that it was pretty cute. The football team came to the elementary to see the kids and so Bryn showed Robert her shirt, she thought that it was awesome. We were sad that there was no parade this year, it used to go right past our house.


Peach Days was great this year like always. We had good food and listened to great entertainment. Here are the kids keeping themselves busy playing bubble gum bubble gum.

The girls even got up and danced for a song.

I can't decide if this looks good or not, I mean the pig, I know Lyf looks great!

This is my dad with his friends throwing us candy from his class reunion float.

Shella and Kate waiting for the parade.

This is a float that my cousin and aunt put together. I thought that it was really neat. It has our family cattle brands on it. My Grandpa Reeve and Great Grandpa Reeve were cattle ranchers. Great Grandpa Reeve's Brand is RV and Grandpa Reeve's is diamond T.



So, it was a great parade, a lot of entries and too much candy. After the parade I started cleaning up candy wrappers and melted otter pops and the kids were running around with cousins. I counted heads and was missing one. I looked around and asked the other kids if they knew where Kate was, nobody knew. Bethany wondered if she had followed the parade of kids following the candy cannon. So, I headed down the road. Pretty soon I heard Zach call to me, he was next to a police truck, great, I thought. The officer asked if I was Angie, I said yes, he looked at MJ in the bike trailer and said, I guess that looks like her twin sister in the back so I am sure she is yours. He wouldn't give her to Zach, only her parents. She had followed the candy cannon, she had a bag of candy that she didn't have when she left me, and she didn't even care that she was sitting in a police truck. Thank you to whoever found her and gave her to the officer. I told the officer that only her mother would really want her, if anybody else took her she would be returned soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment